Exploring central London with Jessica Horwell, stylist, owner of Hardware London and general boss babe
Hey! I’m Nic! I’m a photographer based in London.
Photography isn’t my full time job – it’s what I like to call my “side hustle”. To me, it’s not a job, because I love doing it, I love meeting new people, working creatively and most of all, seeing the feedback I get from something I’ve created!
I like to shoot weddings documentary style and pretty much tell a story! Capturing moments that the couple might not see so when they look back at their photos they can have fun piecing it together!
Whilst it is really fun getting those candid shots, its equally as important to get the formal group photos. Yes, they can take a little while but there is no doubt that they will mean a lot to someone who was there!
Other shots I love doing are couple shots – I love these, its great to hang out and capture them just together. Every couple is different and that’s what makes it so fun! I generally tend to give little direction and just let them enjoy and take in their big day!
Having said this, I think some direction is good, which is why its really important, if you can, to do a pre wedding shoot. It’s a great way to practise being infront of the camera and also get to know me a bit more – you kinda have an idea of what to expect on the day too!
Last but by no means least, let’s not forget, the guests – they are a massive part of the day and clearly go to a fantastic effort to look incredible so, it would be rude not to get a photo of them whether it be doing a shot at the bar or cracking out some bloody good dance moves!
To celebrate the new decade I am running a wedding photography competition – yep, that’s right, I’m giving one lucky couple the chance to win a full days wedding photography package, from pre wedding prep to first dance! You’ll receive 9 hours coverage, high resolution images edited in my signature style, pre wedding consultation and all edited images unwatermarked sent via an online link.
For your chance to win, head over to my Instagram and find the competition post, like it, comment if you’re getting married and like my Instagram page @nicfordweddingphotographer
Competition closes on February 29th2020, the winning couple will be picked at random and the winner will be announced within 2 weeks after the closing date!
*The competition is not open to clients who have already booked, the winning wedding must take place between 2nd January and 23rd December 2021.
Terms & conditions
- Only 1 entry per couple. Entries made by family members or guests will not be counted
- You must be over 18 to enter
- The competition is not open to clients who have already booked
- Your wedding date and venue/location must be confirmed or in the process of becoming confirmed
- The closing date for entries is midnight on 29th February 2020, winners will be notified by email within 2 weeks after this date. Following confirmation of their win by Nic Ford Photographer, the winner will be asked to confirm they have received the notification to Nic Ford Photographer immediately by way of return. If Nic Ford Photographer fails to receive contact details from a winner within 14 days of sending the notification, the prize shall be deemed to be unclaimed or unaccepted and a substitute winner may be chosen by Nic Ford Photographer at their sole discretion. Nic Ford Photographer will not be responsible or liable for any prize that is unclaimed or declined
- The winning wedding must take place in 2021, between 2nd January and 23rd December 2021, the following dates are not available to book 23rd December through to and including – 31st December 2021
- Prize is subject to date availability
- The wedding can take place anywhere in the world. Travel within 30 miles of London is covered by Nic Ford photographer. If the wedding is outside of this radius accommodation and travel must be covered by the winning couple
- Nic Ford Photographer reserves the right to amend these rules at any time
- The prize is non-transferable and is strictly not for resale
- Winners must be willing to be featured online
- The winning couple will receive between 400-500 unwaterrmarked edited photos
- Nic Ford Photographer reserves the right to use the wedding images for promotional purposes
- No cash alternative will be offered, nor will any negotiations be entered into regarding exchange of the prize
- This competition is not endorsed by or affiliated with Facebook or Instagram in any way
- Couples already booked with another photographer may not enter this competition
- The winning couple cannot transfer the free services to another date.